Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Its just a remote"

I guess i can be teased a bit abt being a mama's boy(not exactly but never mind)...when i write this but if u think i care a damn abt that think again.

When ur mom comes to stay with u one thing u can count on is that ..u may be 40 but u will get shouted on for not getting up early morning or being too much on computer..as if the time between ur school and IIT never happened. Time is relative ..especially for a mom. Anyway that being the case ..
Few days ago my mom lost the TV remote. Not exactly lost ..but i suspect she dropped it in the dustbin by mistake and the garbage bag obviously got thrown out. The remote is pretty expensive and its definitely a thing that cant be done without..! But wat i was surprised is that my mom was genuinely sorry to the point of being apologetic about it. She was like really really sad that she put me in such a financial crunch....! She wud clean the house thoroughly every day for four consecutive days .. thorough means rite from the kitchen shelves to the bedroom corners...to find the remote. ..and at the end of the day when i wud come back she wud say that till now she did not find the remote.I cud see that remorse on her face writ large..
Its just a shitty remote . Things get lost ..not an issue. I was just thinking of a time when i was arnd 6 and i broke my dad's AM transistor(i was always destined to be an engineer). I was shit scared . I ran to my mom and told her
"maa..i broke the radio" ...

"Wat radio?"...

"u kno the black one ..the one dad hears the news on?"


"i was opening the screws ..it dropped from my hands and broke..i dont think it can be repaired"

I remember this incident because i was genuinely scared ..i had tears swellin up in my eyes...and to tell u the truth i was truly repentent..i shudnt have touched it.

My mom hugged me then and said with a smile..

" arrey ..nuthin has happened ..its just a radio..atleast u did not break naa..ha ha "

I think today i think will say the same thing to maa..

"its just a remote maa...atleast u did not get lost ..he he "

1 comment:

Yemula Pradeep said...

Very true. Moms are great. Your best blog ever. I felt I was reading an article form readers digest.