Monday, July 5, 2010

Seeing...

Of late i have had this terrible urge to paint. And I say terrible because its something that i dont want to do now...I have exams now and painting is something i dont want to do. I dont want to lay out my paints and again fold them back..and my single cabin doesnt give me that luxury of a separate studio where i can leave my paints lying around..
So what to do...i cant stop...and this bloddy thing is in my head saying "paint paint paint.." ...I have hit upon a solution..
Pencil sketches and ink washes...no hassles.
And I am loving it...

Corollary..:

The best part is that now no longer I am afraid to take on any subject..I just draw it..good bad ugly..I try to be true. For me now I dont want a "beautiful" painting .I just want it to be as true as real to the reality it represents.
This simple fact has somehow made me happy in a way i never was ...Now i am thinking why did I waste my time to try create beautiful paintings ..I shud have tried to do "honest" paintings and sketches ..I shud have not cared for those who ask for "wall hanging" style paintings ..(err..can u do me a reddish painting..it looks nice on my wall"....
But well..not too late any way..
I am still alive and my eyes can see and my hands can move and I can draw...

2 comments:

Keith said...

Go for it. Never deny what your hands want to do. Don't leave these things on the shelf in your head, get them out into the world. Just in making a mark you are being honest. Enjoy what happens. And accept it all.

Pi said...

thanks a ton keith..ur blog is a real inspiration,honest.